Favorite S9 Episodes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are your favorite episodes of TXF season 9?

Nothing Important Happened Today 1

Nothing Important Happened Today 2

Dæmonicus

4-D

Lord of The Flies

Trust No 1

John Doe

Hellbound

Provenance

Providence

Audrey Pauley

Underneath

Improbable

Scary Monsters

Jump The Shark

William

Release

Sunshine Days

The Truth

View results

Favorite S9 Episodes

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 01:27

What are your favorite episodes of TXF season 9?
Make your vote(s) and then let us know which episodes you voted for!
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 141

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite S9 Episodes

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 01:38

I voted for:
Dæmonicus, 4-D, Lord of The Flies, John Doe, Hellbound, Audrey Pauley, Underneath, Release, and Sunshine Days

Like with my s8 votes, there are a few that I wouldn't have necessarily voted for if not for Doggett (or DSRy) things.

Lord of The Flies - while this episode is funny, it really isn't a stand out episode. I gave it my vote because Doggett's hot in it, and at the end Doggett looks uncomfortable/gee-why-didn't-I-think-of-that when he sees Scully giving Rocky Bronzino mouth-to-mouth (even though he didn't need it).

Hellbound - this is a Reyes-centric episode, and she's my least favorite character, but I voted for this episode simply because 1) Doggett is hot in it, and 2) at the beginning when Doggett arrives, he seems angry with Reyes for calling Scully in because it was hard to find a babysitter at the hour, this suggested to me that perhaps Doggett had been with Scully when Reyes called - that's my interpretation of the scene, backed up by the knowing look Doggett and Scully share when he enters the morgue/exam/autopsy room.

Audrey Pauley - another Reyes-centric episode, but thankfully most of her scenes you can fast-forward through to get to the scenes with Doggett! This episode confirms my belief that Doggett is still in love with Scully. Reyes is hurt, could die, and who does John call? Scully. And who ditches her baby to be with Doggett? Scully. And if Doggett really had feelings for Reyes, or wanted to try out a relationship with her wouldn't he kiss her there at the end? But he didn't. To me, "Audrey Pauley" is one of those definitive DSR episodes of s9, and then the following episode is the other definitive DSR episodes of s9, "Underneath." DSR isn't as in-your-face in season 9, but it's subtle, and I love that.
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:20

Had to go with Release as it is a good ep and Doggett centric. But the Reyes factor ruins it. The same pros and cons with John Doe.

And Underneath for all the goodness that is DSR when they weren't even trying.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:56

Yeah... I try to ignore the Reyes Factor in "Release" too. If I give her attitude and approach too much thought, I end up pissed off at the episode. And I always turn it off after Barbara walks away and he's standing alone on the beach. That's the appropriate ending. Having Reyes there, during such a private family moment, was IMO so disrespectful to John, Barbara, and Luke's memory.

DSR is so good when they aren't even trying to create DSR! Thank you Robert and Gillian!
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:41

Yup. Yeah Reyes ruins it for me so badly. Drives me mad. That's a good idea to not watch the very end of the episode. Fucking hate that forced DRR on us. Fucks me off so much! All because DSR was so fucking hot!
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 11:25

I can tolerate reyes in season 8 because she was a character that stood on her own, but come season 9, IMO, she was placed there as a pawn to detract from any Doggett/Scully interactions. Her purpose in season 9 was to play the role of a woman interested in Doggett for the purpose of making fans turn away from D/S and to support D/R (because a lot of fans want to get the 'ship that they want, and any D/S fan knows DSR isn't going to happen, so fans dropped D/S in favor of D/R because they wanted to get their way with regard to a 'ship they support). She also served as a sidekick to Doggett, the annoying sidekick that got on his nerves, and contradicted him with a stupid smile on her face so that she comes off as the "friendly" one (when really, IMO, she was awful and disrespectful towards Doggett - and I love Doggett too much to put up with that kind of crap, and false friendliness from her).

At least DRR never happened. If it did, that would be the final deterioration of the Doggett character for me. I cannot fathom a world/universe (in the fictional world of TXF) where John Doggett would fall in love with the woman who failed to solve his son's kidnap/molestation/murder case. I'm sure that he placed blame on reyes for never bringing the perpetrators to justice who did that to his little boy.

I mean, put yourself in the shoes of a parent who lost a seven year old child to a kidnapper/child molester, and a mobster murderer... would you be able to look at the FBI agent in charge of that investigation, who failed to solve it, and fall in love with him/her?

I didn't think so.

reyes will always be a connection to the worst time in Doggett's life. I can't imagine he looks at her and isn't reminded of the three days that his son was missing, and then the day he was found dead in that field, and the following months of investigation that lead to no arrests, no justice. For a character like John Doggett, falling in love with the investigator who failed you, your wife, and your late son just is impossible. And too far a stretch of the imagination, and breaking of a fictional character, to justify bringing to fruition.

DRR fans confuse the f*ck out of me because of this. Like, do they not understand the situation, and the character involved? Or do they just 'ship D/R because "they're cute together"? <--- I lean towards this as the only reason why DRR fans 'ship them, I can't imagine any other way to rationalize it (and even then, IMO, they're not "cute together"). She brings out the worst in his character (just compare his interaction with Scully in season 8 -and 9- to that of his interaction with reyes in season 9 - there's not much respect towards reyes from Doggett if you ask me).

#WeShouldMakeAnAnti-DRRThread LOL
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 13:12

They certainly are not cute together to me. They act like they can't actually stand each other - Reyes acts like she mothers Doggett, Reyes makes Doggett feel like a failure, Doggett makes out Reyes is stupid and insane, whereas when Scully came up with unconventional ideas he found it interesting/endearing.

I totally agree that Reyes came in S9 sublte as a brick to deter DSR fans and ease the MSR fans. They wanted to try to do MSR with DRR and it was so horribly obvious when you realise. But i was a DSR fan who got manipulated into liking DRR, because I simply wanted someone to love Doggett and for him to be less alone and less unhappy. But I didn't think about it much. I enjoyed the DSR stuff more and at the same time. Then when time passed I always settled on DSR and never gave DRR a thought and when I did think about it I kinda shuddered and felt a bit ill. It's totally obvious now it was so appease the MSR fans because DSR was so steaming hot that everyone saw there was something there that no one could deny. And DSR made SO MUCH sense more than any other ship on the show. And they were just so sexy together. SOO SOO SEXY.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 22:36

I know that Reyes crushes on Doggett, but despite the writers trying to do that, I always got the feeling Reyes would have preferred to try to hook up with Scully. Heck, in NIHT when she went out with Follmer, I felt more chemistry between she and Brad than I ever felt with her and Doggett (IMO, they have zero chemistry, which is what makes them awful to watch).

Reyes not only acts like she mothers Doggett, she acts superior to him because she believes her approaches to be the best/only approach. She intrudes on his personal life, digs up his son's cold case when she knows damn well he doesn't want her doing that, and forces him to remember the worst time in his life, and then ridicules him/shames him for then finding a lead for his son's case on his own. It's like she, and she alone, wants to solve the case in the hopes he'll then fall in love with her, and if Doggett has a lead she doesn't want him to follow up on it. She effing frustrates me! She's so disrespectful to Doggett, and all the while smiles and acts all nice and kind, when in reality she's just a nasty little bitch. JMHO. I see right through her happy-go-lucky façade!

And Doggett doesn't have patience with Reyes, like zero patience. I think that comes from a lack of respect towards her as a professional. He seemed more uptight in season 9 when he was around her, and then in s9 when Scully would be helping him, he seemed more relaxed and open to her suggestions for a case. He obviously respects Scully, not so much with Reyes.

I tried to get into DRR simply so there would be more Doggett fanfic for me to read. I tried to read a couple DRR fanfics, and they were so terribly out of character, and destructive of Doggett's character that I gave up quickly! And I never looked back.

DSR will always, to me, be the one couple on TXF series that makes the most sense, no matter what bullshit CC tries to force on the viewers (to please the MSR 'shippers).
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down