Doggett/Scully Photo Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doggett/Scully Photo Thread

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 00:59

This scene just... it's oozing with unsaid emotions, especially coming from Scully towards Doggett. It's like she has guilt for not going into the tunnels with him, and she's realizing that even after this short amount of time that she has come to care for him more than she ever imagined!

And if you watch the scene, and how Doggett reacts to her, it's like he understands (perhaps on a subconscious level) what she's feeling, maybe even about him.

Last edited by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 172

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Doggett/Scully Photo Thread

Post by Claudine on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 12:17

He knows something is up. She defo feels guilt now. I think she hates the fact she cannot be honest with him. Maybe she was thinking of telling him because of this. maybe that is what that whole unspoken bit at the end was all about...

and can we just mention (as if I havent said it before!) that he offers to help her put her kevlar on !! I mean what would that look like!
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:03

I think I need to see a scene where John is dressing Dana! Can you imagine it?!?

Hmm, you know, we've wondered before what it was that she was about to say to him at the end of that episode... being hesitant and all... maybe she was on the verge of telling him about her condition!

And John knew that it was something sensitive/delicate that she wanted to say to him (therefore the expression on his face)

and she was really considering telling him...

but when she looked up at him, looking him in the eye, she couldn't

instead they took part in Compliment Tennis, and then she said "let's go home," leaving him wondering what went unspoken between them

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:12

Now, yes, Scully was upset that Mulder had gone missing and all, but was she John-Doggett-got-hit-by-a-car-and-is-in-a-coma upset over Mulder getting abducted and dying? I don't think so!

look at those tears!

both hands holding onto him!

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 17:10

His pose! So cute!

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 15:12

Just look at the way he looks at her!

and she looks at him

and he looks right back

season 9 John and Dana kill me!

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 15:17

LOL he sure does make himself right "at home" at Dana's apartment, doesn't he? Seriously though, how often (off screen) do you think he's been over at Dana's spending time with her? He's comfortable enough to doze off on her couch!

And also funny to take note of is how his right arm is bent so not to make it appear as if he's attempted to put his arm behind the brunette sidekick! LOL Good work, RP, preserve Doggett's feelings for Scully regardless of the b.s. D/R crap they tried to force on us!

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 15:35

Also, the stuffed animal dog on the shelf in William's bedroom, my headcanon is that John gave that stuffed dog to Will/Dana as a gift You know, dog... Doggett...

Also, my headcanon, John helped Dana paint and wallpaper Will's bedroom during those three months we didn't get to see during season 8 (when Mulder was dead and buried).

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 16:01

Cassie wrote:Just look at the way he looks at her!

and she looks at him

and he looks right back

season 9 John and Dana kill me!

OMG these captured like this are too much!! I never really can appreciate the DSR in this ep because of all the crap around it but man oh man, these looks are lovely. He just melts when he looks at her doesn't he? They have such a huge unspoken bond. I love how he is basically her friend now, more than a colleague.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 16:04

Cassie wrote:LOL he sure does make himself right "at home" at Dana's apartment, doesn't he? Seriously though, how often (off screen) do you think he's been over at Dana's spending time with her? He's comfortable enough to doze off on her couch!

And also funny to take note of is how his right arm is bent so not to make it appear as if he's attempted to put his arm behind the brunette sidekick! LOL Good work, RP, preserve Doggett's feelings for Scully regardless of the b.s. D/R crap they tried to force on us!

LOL, not sure i ever really noticed this. Woulndt this be so much more epic without Reymess. He defo is very comfy in her house. Just think of S8-Doggett trying this on! Time has made them very close quite quickly.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 16:05

Cassie wrote:Also, the stuffed animal dog on the shelf in William's bedroom, my headcanon is that John gave that stuffed dog to Will/Dana as a gift You know, dog... Doggett...

Also, my headcanon, John helped Dana paint and wallpaper Will's bedroom during those three months we didn't get to see during season 8 (when Mulder was dead and buried).

Yeah, dog - doggett, I get it!!
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Mon 26 Jun 2017, 21:15

If there is anything that season 9 has going for it, it's the subtle DSR moments, like those caps from "William." Now, I haven't rewatched "William" in years (not even in my last rewatch). I just happened to go gawking over the screen caps of it today because I honestly could not remember what Doggett looked like in that episode (outside of the farce of a scene of him doing pushups)! I was pleasantly surprised when I found screen caps for the DSR picture thread!

As for falling asleep on her couch (the couch she also tends to sleep on, FYI!)... yeah, I can't see season 8 Doggett being comfortable enough around her to even want to sit on her couch (at least not up until those three months we weren't allowed to see in which they obviously got much, much closer). Then there's season 9 Doggett, who got told at the beginning of the season to leave and never come back... yeah, even at the beginning of season 9 I can't imagine him being comfortable enough to doze off on her couch, but... I still think they were seeing each other, and spending time together off screen during season 9 which allowed them to get to the point where falling asleep on her couch was normal.

I like to pretend Reymess (love that!) isn't there. She's always getting in between them in shots during season 9, like I honestly believe that the directors were instructed to make sure she stood next to Doggett more than Scully, and if D&S were in a shot together, Reyes had to be included in the shot too. It just makes it more obvious that her only purpose in season 9 was to get in the way of Doggett/Scully interaction, because other than that... she had no purpose.
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 08:43

Like a brick wall, she gets in the way. Shoehorned in to distract us from the intensity of DSR which no one could control!
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 16:10

And even then... she really didn't do much to detract from the DSR, it was still there, almost even more so than it was in season 8 (thank you RP for keeping within the character of Doggett despite the writers trying to force the idea of D/R on viewers).

Right down to the last Doggett/Scully scenes of season 9, RP kept Doggett's love for Scully strong. Just look at how he looked at her in these scenes!

Look at the expression on his face, this is the scene where he didn't know if he'd ever see her again. He is torn up!

I can't help but think that RP kept his eyes focused on Scully in this scene. That look in his eyes, how it's breaking his heart... that about says it all about who he fell in love with over the course of seasons 8 and 9 (and it wasn't his brunette sidekick, that's for sure).

The look in his eyes as he sees Scully (with Mulder) running to safety, and Mulder telling them to "go!"... you know if there was time he'd get right out of that car and make sure Scully got safely into the car he was driving, but there was no time.

And the look on Scully's face when she realizes that John came all the way out there to try to save her, and warn her of the danger they were in! She's all "shit, John, why do you insist on risking your life for me?" She looks so worried for him here as well.

Then the look on his face when he realizes that she's leaving with Mulder, and he might actually never see her again

I don't know how RP does these expressions, but shit! He makes these scenes hurt. He expresses through his face, and his eyes (therefore his soul) how much Scully means to him, how much he came to love her.

I mean, like shit! Don't cry, man!

I mean, look, even though their lives are in danger, even at this point he's still watching after Scully as she gets in the car with Mulder to escape.

IDK, but in this moment, the look he gives Reyes... I can't help but feel that at some point John told Monica that he fell in love with Scully, and he's looking at Monica like "I just saw the love of my life for the last time"

Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 16:32

Fucking hell. SO many emotions!!!!

I agree, RP kept the DSR alive secretly (and he started it secretly! - love that!)...and his sad eyebrows just kill me. For sure he hated hurting Scully with the news that Mulder would get the lethal injection (good times!) and I KNOW FOR SURE that when Scully and Mulder walk off and that awful crappy shot of Kersh, Skinner and Reymess with Doggett watching them leave (like "OMG MUlder and Scully are the most important people in the world, we must stand and watch them do whatever they want (or whatever Mulder wants) and just stare at them - those two don't need to explain anything or say good bye properly, because they are so coooool!"), Doggett was watching ONLY scully walk away in that scene because his head was turned watching her before Mulder even walks away, because Mulder is saying goodbye to Gibson.

I think I have slow mowed that scene in my vids - for sure in Right Here Waiting.

And the looks he has when Mulder is shouting "Go!" - his heart is breaking. He knows this is it. I fucking hate that scene though. Mulder screaming Go to Scully's friends, the ones who were there for her when Mulder buggered off...and she can't even be written to even stop for one second to touch Doggett's hand or say good bye really quickly? She just follows Mulder like a brainless sheep. What right does mulder have telling Doggett to go like that?

Urgh.

Yeah, fuckin zero chemistry with the side kick but fucking oozing chemistry with the one woman he is never supposed to love - whom is running away with another man. Fuck that MSR shit. DSR was huge and never happened.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 16:44

And can we just talk about how Doggett answers Scully's phone and he reports to her what the deal is? She basically is sitting on the sofa and he just handles things. Like, this man is looking after her, answering her phone and reporting back to her what the sentence is of "the love of her life" ?- she trusts him to do that for her.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 27 Jun 2017, 17:06

this vid was mostly about how those scenes we just talked about above bother me so much....and at the end Mulder drives her back to Doggett and at the end of the vid he is explaining to her that he just can't be without her...
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top