TXF S11: RP Open to Returning as Doggett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TXF S11: RP Open to Returning as Doggett

Post by Cassie on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:52

https://www.tvinsider.com/324190/the-x-files-season-11-robert-patrick-returning-as-doggett/

'The X-Files' Season 11: Robert Patrick Open to Returning as Doggett
Marisa Roffman August 03, 2017 10:00 am

When The X-Files returned for its six-episode Season 10 in 2016, one key agent was MIA: Robert Patrick's Agent John Doggett.

Patrick, who joined the Fox drama for the final two seasons of its original run, is currently a series regular on CBS's Scorpion, but the actor admits he would be game to pop back up on his former show.

“I haven’t heard from [The X-Files creator] Chris [Carter], but I am totally willing to go back if I think it’s the right thing to do and if they want me to do it," he says. "But at this point, no one has asked me anything; I would certainly be interested. But I’m always the last to know with this kind of stuff."

"I think the world of Chris, and I certainly loved the experience on The X-Files," he continued. "I see no reason to not go back and do it.”

In the original series finale, Doggett and his partner Reyes (Annabeth Gish) helped Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) go into hiding, in the aftermath of Mulder receiving a death sentence for his "crimes." However, in the revival, Reyes was seemingly aligned with series Big Bad Cigarette-Smoking Man (William B. Davis), and Doggett was nowhere to be found.

As of now, only Duchovny, Anderson, and Mitch Pileggi (A.D. Skinner) are confirmed to appear in the ten-episode Season 11.
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: TXF S11: RP Open to Returning as Doggett

Post by Cassie on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:53

If Doggett does come back for season 11 I expect him to be treated as an equal to Mulder and Scully, none of this secondary (or tertiary) treatment crap that happened with the Cigarette-Smoking Man and Reyes in the 2016 ("season 10") Event Series.

John Doggett is a main character of the series. If he's only going to be in a small scene (or two) within one episode (or two), I would prefer he not come back at all. For me it's at most all ten episodes, or at least eight (if they're going to snub him).

But in all honesty, I would prefer to see more Robert Patrick as Cabe Gallo on CBS's "Scorpion" than to see him take time off from that series to do minimal (we all know it would be minimal, let's not kid ourselves here) work on "The X-Files." But whatever happens, if Doggett shows up in season 11, you know that Semper Fi will be reporting on it, sharing pictures, and will get those screen captures up, and detailed analysis of any interaction he'll have with Scully (if the writers allow it). Stay tuned.
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: TXF S11: RP Open to Returning as Doggett

Post by Cassie on Thu 03 Aug 2017, 11:54

Also... if anything, if Doggett comes back, at least we know that his scenes in his episode will be worth watching
Cassie
Admin

Back to top Go down