Great Video Interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great Video Interviews

Post by Claudine on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 07:53

I love this! And at the end when he talks about how he loves going to Comic Cons and talking to fans...just makes my day!
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Re: Great Video Interviews

Post by Cassie on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 12:46

Yes! A great/strong script is the best reason to take on an acting project (I'd imagine) <--- and perhaps a BIG reason why we won't be seeing anymore John Doggett on screen! (CC is a shitty writer).

I love hearing him talk about his roles though. He really... when he's working on a project he's 100% dedicated to the character. I love that about him. I don't feel that he ever "dials in" any of his work.

This makes me want to do a series rewatch of SCORPION now! I don't feel I've paid enough attention to all the small details about Cabe Gallo over the years. Like, I know the character, but I don't *know* the character, you know? And Cabe is such a great character

I love when actors talk subtext about their characters, because I often feel that actors end up understanding their character almost better than the writers do. Especially actors like RP, who show up, not just to act, but who somehow turn into, transform, morph into their characters.

LOL He compared SCORPION to TXF! I understand what he's getting at with trying to compare the two.

Awww, he loves the fans! And loves being with the fans!

He's such a sweetheart!
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 172

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 15:38

Totally!!

This was the first thing that attracted me to him when I read the first thing I ever read about him in Dreamwatch magazine...his work ethic is just brilliant and at that time it was a breath of fresh air to read about someone so professionally dedicated and thoughtful with his roles (compared to DD at the time - I was sick of his moanin'). And the way he talked about things made me a fan of him before I even saw him act! (though it is possible I saw him before I saw him as Doggett, but didn't know who he was.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 15:40

Look at those eyes and that smile. Warms my little soul.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassie on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 17:27

Literally, with Doggett/RP, I read an early draft of the "Within/Without" scripts (when CC had him named Agent White) and I knew I was going to love this character. Then with the press reporting on RP as the new man on TXF, I started to just fall in love with him. I was like "MULDER EFFING WHO?!" probably by August 2000! (about three months before the s8 premiere LOL)

Reading about RP made me realize that not every celeb in Hollywood was a self-centered ego arrogant maniac LOL I love that he truly appreciates his fans, and respects the work, and has a great work ethic. He's a great human being.

And that picture! That smile!
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 172

http://www.doggettscully.com/