Ethan Minette/Scully

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ethan Minette/Scully

Post by Cassie on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:43

I know that Scully's boyfriend, Ethan Minette, was only featured in two short deleted scenes from the "Pilot" episode, but damn! I want more of that! I decided to start re-watching TXF series again last night (taking notes for the mytharc for the XF novel I will work on again one day), and I watched those deleted scenes. OMGosh! Ethan and Scully were so cute together! And living together! And planning vacations six months in advance together (meaning the relationship was very serious, IMO, you don't plan a vacation six months out if you're not sure that you're still going to be with this person when that time rolls around). I can understand why CC decided against including Ethan, it would put the XF series at risk of having stupid romantic/relationship issues (funny how things work out *grumbles smthg about Mulder/Scully*), but I still would have loved to watch their relationship deteriorate through the duration of TXF season 1, and Scully got deeper into Mulder's mess.

Are there any AU stories/series of stories that tackle Ethan/Scully? (written by someone who wouldn't deteriorate their 'ship just to push MSR on the readers?)

I mean... I'm bloody tempted to use Ethan in my XF novel, but my story is intended to take place from the beginning of season 8 through colonization! I might need to expand out of writing fanfic that includes Doggett, right? LOL (so hard to do!)

Also, I was thinking last night... Ethan looks to be a TV news producer/reporter... do you think CC brought in Tad O'Malley in the "season" 10/Event Series in 2016, and have him on a date with Scully, as a nod to Ethan Minette?
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down