S1-11 Doggett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

S1-11 Doggett

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:20

What if TXF had had Doggett there from the very beginning, as we know him from s8/9? How would Doggett have dealt with the cases he and Scully investigated? How would the relationship between Doggett and Scully developed over a span of 9 years (one movie) and a couple Event Series? Let us theorize how TXF would have been different if two skeptics were at its helm from the "Pilot" episode on (with no Mulder).

Let's try to work our way through the seasons/episodes/movies and figure out how Doggett instead of Mulder would have made things different.

Last edited by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:23; edited 1 time in total
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: S1-11 Doggett

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:21

Pilot

when scully first enters the office, i believe that doggett would stand up to greet her, and shake her hand then. if he were to sit down again, he would offer her a seat too, if not, then he'd remain standing through their first introductions.

doggett wouldn't be snide about suspecting her of spying on him (even if he suspected that of her) as that is disrespectful of her, and one thing we all know about doggett is that he is not disrespectful to scully (reyes is another story as evidenced in both season 8 and 9 of the series).

he also wouldn't listen to her opinion with a smug/arrogant grin on his face, and he wouldn't interrupt her while she was talking. he is open enough to the experience and opinions of his fellow FBI agents to give her this respect.

on the plane ride, there's no way in the world that doggett would lie down across a couple seats, even if they were vacant. and he would be reviewing the case file (as scully was doing), or reading a newspaper or a book.

in the car, doggett wouldn't be cocky arrogant-like as mulder was acting. again, this feels like mulder was trying to assert his dominance over scully rather than treat her as his equal/partner. doggett is not this kind of arrogant person.

when the car radio was acting up, i suppose doggett would first try to turn it off, and then when it didn't, he'd stop the car, get out and see if there was any technical/mechanical reason for the failure. he wouldn't spray paint a red X on the road.

at the cemetery, after the coffin fell down and popped open, doggett would respect the dead and not open it there in public. he would wait to have it opened in the privacy of the exam room. he also would not disrespect the dead by cracking a basketball joke about the corpse. (though granted in Badlaa, he did crack a fat joke, so maybe he is the joking type, but i don't feel he would find it appropriate to do so out in public, perhaps in the privacy of the exam room).

i also don't think that he'd knock on scully's motel room door in the very early hours of the morning to see what she's been doing, or if she's figured anything out. he would wait until an appropriate hour to talk about the case with his new partner.

when the car loses 9 minutes and comes to a stop, i think doggett would pop the hood of the car, grab a flashlight and see what's wrong with it. he'd probably make a comment about the poor quality of their rental car. i don't think he (or scully) would have noticed they lost 9 minutes.

the mosquito bite checking scene. here's where doggett would be similar to mulder. i don't think he would expect his new partner to drop her bathrobe in front of him in her underwear. i think he would have reacted much in the same way that mulder did. maybe not smile at her concern for her well-being, i think when scully would embrace him that doggett would look more concerned for her than mulder did.

i think the conversation on the bed would have consisted of doggett telling scully why he joined the FBI, because his son was kidnapped/molested/murdered, and the case is unsolved and he wanted to do what he can to fight crime and bring justice to criminals. how before his son was kidnapped he had planned on becoming a lawyer (after his stint with the NY police department ended). i also think he would ask her about her background and what led her to join the FBI. he wouldn't obsess about his personal issues that brought him to the job. he also would not (again) accuse her of working against him, even if he suspected this, i think he would keep quiet, and let her behaviour with him play out before discussing it, if it would even need discussing later on.

when billy miles is in the forest, doggett would fight against those trying to keep him from interfering. not knowing what was going to happen, doggett's priority would be to protect billy miles and theresa. doggett would not just stand there and watch it happen. no way in hell he would do that. he might even try to place billy miles' father under arrest for trying to stop him from protecting billy and theresa.

at the end when scully is lying awake in bed, doggett would not call her up in the middle of the night to tell her billy's case file is gone, he would wait to conduct business until the next morning in the office. he wouldn't want to intrude on her night, or interrupt her sleep for something that can be saved until the next day.
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down