DSR Headcanon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DSR Headcanon

Post by Cassie on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:12

Headcanon = Used by followers of various media of entertainment, such as television shows, movies, books, etc. to note a particular belief which has not been used in the universe of whatever program or story they follow, but seems to make sense to that particular individual, and as such is adopted as a sort of "personal canon". Headcanon may be upgraded to canon if it is incorporated into the program or story's universe.

who cooks normally?
how often do they fight?
what do they do when they’re away from each other?
nicknames for each other?
who is more likely to pay for dinner?
who steals the covers at night?
what would they get each other for gifts?
who kissed who first?
who made the first move?
who remembers things?
who started the relationship?
who cusses more?
what would they do if the other one was hurt?
what do their parents think of the other?
who's the biggest baby when sick?
who decorates their house?
what is their song?
what was their first date like?
who proposes marriage? how?
what do they think of each other's parents? siblings?
do they have special ringtones for each other? what ringtones?
who sleeps on the left/right side of the bed?
what activities do they like to do together?
who controls the music in the car? at home?
who would request reassignment, or leave the FBI if working together became a problem?
would they even want to work together?

add your own 'head canon' questions if you have any!
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: DSR Headcanon

Post by Cassie on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 23:02

who cooks normally?
Doggett mostly, but Scully will help out in the kitchen.

how often do they fight?
A healthy amount. They use their fights to help strengthen their bond.

what do they do when they’re away from each other?
They're not dependent on each other to enjoy life. They know that the other has his/her own hobbies and friends, and though they do take part in those other interests, sometimes they don't. They're not desperately clingy with each other. If apart, it's not beyond either one of them to send a quick text to the other to say "I love you."

nicknames for each other?
John calls her "sweetheart," and she calls him "Johnny."

who is more likely to pay for dinner?
Doggett

who steals the covers at night?
Scully, especially if she's looking for a snuggle with her man.

what would they get each other for gifts?
Nothing too extravagant, something the other has shown an interest in. New books, a pair of earrings, a new tie (in which she would help him put on)...

who kissed who first?
Dana kissed John first. He was too afraid that he was infringing on any feelings she may still have had for Mulder.

who made the first move?
Move towards what? Their relationship? Sex? To kick start their relationship, Dana made that first move (with that kiss above), but the sexytimes was all John!

who remembers things?
John

who started the relationship?
Dana
who cusses more?
John

what would they do if the other one was hurt?
Make sure the other was comfortable, offer assistance if needed. Cook/bake comfort food. They'd take care of each other.

what do their parents think of the other?
John's mother loves Dana (unknown what his father would have thought of her since my headcanon assumes he's passed away since JD spoke of his father in the past tense in his last scene in "Without").

Dana's mother loves John. At first she wasn't so sure about him because she had come to love Mulder as a son, but she saw John for who he is and stopped wanting to compare him to Mulder.

Dana's eldest brother, Bill Jr., has become good friends with John. He even got him into golfing with him on weekends!

who's the biggest baby when sick?
John

who decorates their house?
Both. It's a mix of his style and hers.

what is their song?
"Crazy" - Patsy Cline (even though it's a song about heartache)

what was their first date like?
Dinner and a movie. He picked her up at her apartment, offered her a single rose, and as they left she linked her arm through his. He opened his truck door for her and helped her inside, and he made sure a classical music station was set on his truck's radio. He took her out to a place that a friend recommended for a first date, a nice Italian restaurant, and after they went to see a late movie. They shared a large popcorn, and held hands, and eventually she rested her head on his shoulder. After the movie, they slowly walked where he had parked his truck, and he drove her home, walking her up to her apartment door. They both wanted to kiss the other, but weren't sure how to get there so they beat around the bush for awhile, and finally she asked if it was ok for her to kiss him. Obviously, he didn't say no. After the kiss, he told her he would call her the next day, and he left. She hid behind a curtain and watched him walk out to his car, and watched as he looked up to her apartment window before getting in and driving away.

who proposes marriage? how?
John. My headcanon cannot escape how John Doggett in FRVS does it in "A Dozen Roses" (http://foxandrat-xfiles.com/S8/8x23.html)

what do they think of each other's parents? siblings?
John treats Dana's mother as if she were his own mother. He also goes golfing with Bill on weekends. He and Charles are fellow Marines, and enjoy talking about their service to their country. He loves her family.

Dana enjoys spending time with John's mother, she has a great sense of humor and enjoys telling her embarrassing stories about John as a child. In my headcanon John has one sister (Karen) and one brother (Jason), and Dana loves them as if they are her family.

do they have special ringtones for each other? what ringtones?
I haven't considered this.

who sleeps on the left/right side of the bed?
Left (when lying in bed) = Dana
Right (when lying in bed) = John

what activities do they like to do together?
morning jog/run, try out new restaurants, walks in the park/in town, board games, weekend road trips to nowhere (singing to the radio at the top of their lungs), spending time at John's lake cabin/swimming in said lake (nighttime skinny dipping), sex (obviously), date night

who controls the music in the car? at home?
car = whoever is driving, but not always
at home = they've created a playlist that contains music they both enjoy from each other's favorite artists

who would request reassignment, or leave the FBI if working together became a problem?
If being partners at the FBI became an issue, Dana wouldn't hesitate to resign and pursue a career in medicine. She knows John's career goal is to become the Director of the FBI one day, and she would do anything in her power to help him achieve that.

would they even want to work together?
At first, they wouldn't mind working together. But after awhile spending that much time with each other every single day would start getting to them, and they would discuss how to handle this issue, and that is when Dana would say she'd resign, he'd argue that she shouldn't resign, and she'd explain that her interest in FBI work has been waning anyway, and at this point in her life she is more interested in working in medicine.

A lot of my headcanon is FRVS mixed with what I plan on doing with my XF novel (if I ever get back to it). I need to start a Doggett/Scully relationship "bible" with things like this before I really dive head first into it again!
Cassie
Admin

DSR Fan Since: : November 2000
Doggett Fan Since: : July 2000
RP Fan Since: : 1991
Favorite XF Movie : Fight The Future
Favorite XF Season : Season 4
Favorite XF Character : John Doggett
Favorite XF 'Ship : Doggett/Scully
Female Posts : 164

http://www.doggettscully.com/

Back to top Go down